Printfriendly

Sunday 8 November 2015

Pumpkin Cookies

Based on the recipe on Yammie's Noshery (LINK to be added)

Now that it is Autumn, everyone around me seems to be going crazy for pumpkins. The notion of pumpkin being used in sweet foods is a novelty for me. It wasn't a vegetable - or squash - that I grew up with.


I mean I knew what a pumpkin looked like, I wasn't oblivious about Jack o' Lanterns, but I had no idea it was but one member of a large family.

I remember bursting into somewhat unreasonable laughter at the comical butternut squash that was being bought by a supermarket customer at the store I worked at. I really had no idea what it was!

Being me, I refused to have anything be alien to me, so I strove to make squashes my friend. Butternut squashes. Not so much pumpkins.


Now I work in an international company, and as a nice way to finish the first 'quarter', they celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving that coincided with the time. Pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere! Well, it certainly felt that way.


I decided to clamber on to the bandwagon in the misguided belief that I would suddenly appreciate and love pumpkin flavour.


I tried Pumpkin Donuts (please see next post!), and found that this recipe for pumpkin cookies would conveniently use up the rest of the puree I had from my open can.


From the oven

The recipe was straightforward, nothing to complain about, however this is the second time I have tried a cookie recipe from Yammie, and my quantities vary quite widely from hers. I guess my standard cookie size is a bit bigger than hers, and she does tend to vary from type to type, although the ingredient quantities/batter size stay more or less the same.
Taster
I know I keep making the mistake of trying warm cookies, but I did it again, and found that the taste was not for me. Not the same situation for my colleagues, who really appreciated them.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess!





No comments:

Post a Comment