Printfriendly

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookie Microwave Pudding + Recipe

Hello!

So I'm evidently riding a bit of a sweet-craving wave at the moment, and felt backed into a corner. I had a decision to make. Make a microwave treat and relinquish the right to dismiss them ever again, or use one of my precious and so recently made Double Choco Fudge Cookies that were posing as Emergency Freezer Cookies? Choices, choices. I decided to save my energy and not fight against the force of The Microwave, thus surrendering what little dignity I had left.

If you don't mind raw yolk, the mixture is good enough to eat!
I didn't want the mighty chocolate-y overload of the Chocolate Surprise Microwave Brownie Cake, so whipped up this warm cookie-style pudding instead. I have to say I have a certain satisfaction of using my nice ingredients for me, but this recipe is way too good not to share. I didn't 'taste the microwave' on this at all, and trust me I was looking, or rather, tasting for it.

Out of the oven
The texture was spongey, and I probably overcooked it by 10 seconds, but it worked. I'm feeling good.
Spoonful
I do urge you to try this recipe, even if you are a hardened cynic like me... this is one recipe that might sway you!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Microwave Pudding

Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 serving in a large microwave safe mug that can hold 12 fl ozStorage: batter can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, pudding can be stored covered in the fridge for up to 2 days. Best for a few seconds before serving.

Ingredients


  • 1 tbsp butter or mild flavoured oil, such as rapeseed
  • 1 tbsp white sugar
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 3 drops vanilla extract (can be substituted for a pinch of vanillinpulver, or scant 1/4 teaspoon of vanillijnsocker)
  • 1 egg yolk (the white will not be used, so either reserve for up to 24 hours in an airtight container in the fridge or discard)
  • pinch of sea salt (or any salt!)
  • 1/4 cup baking flour (self-raising or plain are both fine)
  • 2 tbsp chocolate chips (any type)

Method

  1. Melt the butter in your mug in the microwave (should take less than 50 seconds on Medium power if the butter is cold). If using oil, simply add it to your mug.
  2. Mix the sugars and vanilla into the butter/oil followed by the egg yolk and salt. Stir again.
  3. Add the flour, and mix thoroughly until combined.
  4. Add the chocolate chips, and stir to distribute.
  5. Heat in the microwave on Medium power for 40 seconds.
  6. Check the texture. Continue to heat in 10 second-intervals until you reach the consistency you like. I wanted a fairly firm pudding, so heated for 1.5 minutes.
  7. The chocolate retains heat, so eat with caution, it's hot!
Cakey

No comments:

Post a Comment